Monday, November 16, 2009

The Big Chop






Since before the boys were born, we had made the decision that we wouldn't do the traditional 12 month old haircut. We would allow the boys hair to grow. We never really had a plan for it. Recently, since it had gotten so long, I had tried everything to find what products work best in their hair. While in the background Michael would constantly say, "their boys, they don't need anything in their head." And while I knew that wasn't true, I also began to feel like too much energy was being put into these little boys head. I mean they are boys, NOT girls. Boys aren't supposed to be so high maintenance (physically)!! So, I'd been going back in forth about weather to cut it or not. It wasn't until Saturday (11/14) during our walk in Stone Mountain when I made the official decision. I looked down into the strollers and looked at Michael and said......"let's cut their hair today." So, that's how the big chop came about. Caleb and Cameron now officially have their big boy haircuts, to match their big boy mannerisms.